Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am not color blind, and this is about how to choose yarn
colors. I have so much in my stash. I want to knit cocoons
for my new grandchildren to be a boy & girl. And I do
have a lot of dark Blues & reds do you (KP) think I can
match the reds are from dark to light red, do you think Ican match the reds with the blue
Bernice :?:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Sure, why not? Red and blue look great together under normal terms, so this should be just as good.
You can even stripe them so different balls are not together and thus not more obvious...
OR if it is obvious, just use them in what ever sequence and it will give a gradient look...

Either way, the grandchildren wont know, and mom and dad would probably be happy for the cocoons!

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
What month is the baby due? If it is in July you could add white to the red and blue and that would be beautiful. Make a patriotic theme. The mothers seem to be using any color scheme that they like and not just pastel colors. Good luck and I know you will do fine.
9a

·
Registered
289 Posts
Be careful matching your reds. Some reds have more blue in them while others lean to the yellow side. Try and keeps the blue reds together and the yellow reds together. It will make a more appealing garment.
Same holds true with the blues. Some have more red in them , those would work better with your red/blues.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I would try to use the different reds separated by the blues. If you must use two different color reds at the same time (or dye lots) then blend them by knitting two rows of one shade of red and switching to two rows of the other shade. Carry the yarn not in use up the side and continue alternating the reds. This blends the colors. I do this with all hand dyed yarn because no two a alike.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Nina Weddle Tullis said:
What month is the baby due? If it is in July you could add white to the red and blue and that would be beautiful. Make a patriotic theme. The mothers seem to be using any color scheme that they like and not just pastel colors. Good luck and I know you will do fine.
9a
:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom