Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used any kind of color wheel app on an iPad or an Android phone for matching or deciding color combinations?
I have absolutely no color sense and use a color wheel to help when I can find one of the several I have bought and put in safe places so I would have one when I need it. None have ever been seen again.
I always have my phone and often have my iPad and would like a color wheel for each. If anyone has experience with an app, please share, I'd really appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I would be interested as well. Always having trouble with color matching

·
Registered
15,107 Posts
nope only color wheel I use is in the store where the big pallet is at. ALL that yarn the best color wheel around...this may sound off the wall but I must feel the yarn also and if it talks to me its up for some consideration. I then take and cut a bit of the yarn put into a book and label it. Makes going nuts trying to locate the yarn again easier.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I must be odd person out I just put colors side by side if I like how they look I put them together. Recently at Wal Mart saw a lovely corm meal , coral, tea leaf, warm brown and autumn, variegated with all the above colors in it.My advice to some one learning lay the skeins together if they blend well and if any one color doesn't jump out like it doesn't belong or looks odd then go with your instinct on it. Yes it take a bit of time and planning to put color together try using some crayons and marking colors on paper and trying them together. I was a quilter so I got a lot of practice with putting color together,I have knit long before that, also look at nature what colors she puts together out side in all seasons . I hope this helps a little. Right now I have some left overs in the purple , lavender family and am working them together along with 2 variegated of purple family also and its working slowly not a lot of one but more of another. this is to use up some left overs . I have to feel at peace with the colors together or do they just make me want to run away from them together if I want to run away from them they are wrong together if they make me feel peaceful they are right together. Hope my nutty way of choosing yarn helps someone.It's all how it makes me feel, I need to like them together to knit or crochet them together

·
Registered
9,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of your suggestions on apps. I've looked at them all and they are helpful. I think I'll try all of the suggestions.
Color wheels are so useful for planning and generating ideas not only for knitting, but other crafts and for accessorizing as well. I have hauled yarn, fabrics and even garments around with me, and will continue to do so, but some things are better done on a color wheel, both in the idea stage as well as in making selections.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom