Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 nieces & 1 nephew. For Chms gift for their kids, I crocheted them each a cotton washcloth. They drew numbers from a "hat" and picked out which one they wanted from the selection. <12 kids & 22 washcloths) Each one was different.
Also made dishcloths & matching towel toppers to give to friends for gifts.
I think everyone loved them.
My mom was thrilled with the "shoulder" shawl I wove for her with a wide crocheted edge.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The shawl is wove on a 3 ft triloom & then crocheted around the edges after removed from the loom. I just sort of make up the crocheting as I work on it....whatever strikes my fancy as I'm doing it. LOL
grandday said:
Very nice.Love the shawl. Do you have a pattern to share?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
A job well done!
andik said:
I have 2 nieces & 1 nephew. For Chms gift for their kids, I crocheted them each a cotton washcloth. They drew numbers from a "hat" and picked out which one they wanted from the selection. <12 kids & 22 washcloths) Each one was different.
Also made dishcloths & matching towel toppers to give to friends for gifts.
I think everyone loved them.
My mom was thrilled with the "shoulder" shawl I wove for her with a wide crocheted edge.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
So many pretties to choose from! And the shawl you made for your mother is just beautiful.

I'm happy for you, in that you still have your mom with you. My mother passed away almost a year ago. I still have every card and every letter she ever sent to me, starting way back in 1959.

Hope your week is wonderful. :) :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not stupid ~ "wondering minds want to know" !_!
A triloom is triangular shaped, but not equalateral (sp). It's like a square cut in half: corner to corner. I do a continuous weave on mine. You don't prewarp, it warps itself as you weave! And once the final "pass" is made, you can pop it off the loom and it does not come un-done!
It's habbit-forming to weave on.
I weave with the point up, others weave point down. Whatever works!
It makes self-plaid as you weave when you change colors.

Bonnie7591 said:
Very nice, I hate to sound stupid but what is a triloom?

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone for the compliments.
The shawls are quite interesting to do. I find myself planning the next one as I'm only partway done with what's on the loom!
My mother turned 88 last Oct. & I'm thankful I still have her around, and of sound mind, living in her own large house. Each birthday I tell her she has 20 more yrs to go. I'm not ready to be an orphan! It's been a good joke for us since she turned 80.
Since she only live 4 miles away, I don't have "mail/letters, etc" to hold on to.
GrannyGoode said:
So many pretties to choose from! And the shawl you made for your mother is just beautiful.

I'm happy for you, in that you still have your mom with you. My mother passed away almost a year ago. I still have every card and every letter she ever sent to me, starting way back in 1959.

Hope your week is wonderful. :) :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom