Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used Diamonte. Next time I would close down my stitch size or find something with a bit more body. It feels a bit wimpy to me. I might even consider a totally different type of yarn that was suggested in the pattern or maybe doubling the yarn or maybe add Diamonte with some other yarn that is not a thick but would provide a bit more guts. This time I was trying to use some of my stash.
The pattern did not include information for making swatch ie how many rows and stitches to expect . A swatch would have provided some extra information. Pattern just recommended a stitch size. I guess I need more information than that.
I will put this pattern in the line for another try in the future. I still like how it looks.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
You did a very nice job! A rayon yarn will give a better drape. Based on the yarns listed you will need a fingering or light sport weight yarn with the tensions provided in the pattern. The pattern was made by Helen Koshak of Newton's and was only $5.

By changing the tension you can get a larger or smaller shaw. I have used Peruvian Angora with this pattern and the shawl was about half the size, but very nice. There are a lot of yarns the shawl could be made in. By the way this shawl was made using every other needle, which means you could use a heavier yarn. The edge needles were every needle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom