Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recent postings have renewed my interest in condo knitting. Are there patterns other than those in garter stitch? I've searched the net and haven't found any. If anyone knows it'd be KP'ers.

Pzoe

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
Hadn't thought about it before, but you are correct, most patterns are done in all knit, or garter stitch. Search designer Sally Melville. She doesn't call it 'condo' knitting, but that is the technique she uses. Check her book 'The knit stitch', there are some nice patterns in there. I made the one she calls her 'favorite summer sweater'.

To answer the other question, 'what is condo knitting? It is a simple technique of using one small needle, and one much larger needle to create an airy fabric. If you use the search on this site, you can review the other posts on this subject, there are many.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Linda6885 said:
Hadn't thought about it before, but you are correct, most patterns are done in all knit, or garter stitch. Search designer Sally Melville. She doesn't call it 'condo' knitting, but that is the technique she uses. Check her book 'The knit stitch', there are some nice patterns in there. I made the one she calls her 'favorite summer sweater'.

To answer the other question, 'what is condo knitting? It is a simple technique of using one small needle, and one much larger needle to create an airy fabric. If you use the search on this site, you can review the other posts on this subject, there are many.
thanks for the clarification.

pzoe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom