Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I wanted to make this Vintage round sachet, but I got struck when it come to Round 3. Could anyone please explain to me.

Here is the full instruction for your reference:

Rnd 1 (RS): With peach, ch 6, sl st to join to form a ring, beg pc in ring, ch 7, [pc, ch 7] 5 times in ring, join in top of beg pc. (6 pc; 6 ch-7 sps)

Rnd 2: Ch 1, [9 sc in next ch-7 sp] rep around, join in beg sc, fasten off. (54 sc)

Rnd 3: Attach cream in 3rd sc of any 9-sc group, ch 4, dtr in 4th sc, picot, ch 3, *tr in same sc as dtr, picot, ch 3, 2-dtr cl in same sc as tr and in 5th sc, picot, ch 3,tr in same sc as last dtr, picot, ch 3, 2-dtr cl in same sc as tr and 4th sc, picot, ch 3, rep from * around, work last dtr and tr in same st as beg ch, join with ch 1, dc under picot.

Rnd 4: Ch 10, *sc in 2nd ch of ch 3, ch 9, rep from * around to last picot, ch 3, tr in first ch of beg ch, sc over tr.

Rnd 5: Ch 5, *sc in 5th ch in next sp, ch 5, rep from * around, join in first sc, sl st into next sp.

Rnd 6: Ch 6, [dtr, ch 1] 6 times in same sp, *[dtr, ch 1] 7 times in next sp, rep from * around, join last ch 1 in 5th ch of beg ch, fasten off.

Rnd 7: Attach peach with sl st in any ch-1 sp of previous rnd, [ch 3, sl st in next ch-1 sp] rep around, fasten off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could do Round 1 & 2 just fine. But I got confused at Round 3, when I tried do proceed, the stitches don't make sense.

"Rnd 3: Attach cream in 3rd sc of any 9-sc group, ch 4, dtr in 4th sc, picot, ch 3, *tr in same sc as dtr, picot, ch 3, 2-dtr cl in same sc as tr and in 5th sc, picot, ch 3, tr in same sc as last dtr, picot, ch 3, ..

Till here is still ok... but next instruction make me confused...

"2-dtr cl in same sc as tr and 4th sc, picot, ch 3, rep from * around, work last dtr and tr in same st as beg ch, join with ch 1, dc under picot."

·
Registered
285 Posts
Did the instructions provide directions for the Clusters (cl) & picot. Is there a picture to use as a reference. Slowly and carefully follow the instructions EXACTLY as written. Be sure to do the repeat between *s. Think of it as a puzzle that's a little hard to do.

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
I believe it's a 2- double treble cluster thats 2 double trebles put together as a cluster in the same single crochet as the treble on the previoue row AND again in the fifth single crochet. Then make a picot, chain 3, treble in the same single crochet as the last double treble, then picot.....

Don't forget the * instructions! :lol:

·
Registered
10,834 Posts
Rnd 3: Attach cream in 3rd sc of any 9-sc group,
Ok, so you are good with this part - you are starting in the third sc of one of the 9 sc groups. So, you join the cream, then

ch 4,

Next, you make a double treble in the fourth sc of the 9 sc group -
dtr in 4th sc,

Now, make a picot according to the directions, then chain 3:
picot, ch 3,

Now, you will make a treble crochet in the fourth sc from that 9 sc group - the same stitch you made a double treble in before you started the picot.

*tr in same sc as dtr,

Now, make another picot, and a chain 3:

picot, ch 3,

Ok, now you need to refer to the pattern directions on how to make your 2-double treble cluster stitch:

2-dtr cl in same sc as tr and in 5th sc,

AND you will be making it in the fourth and fifth sc from the 9 sc group you are working on.

picot, ch 3,tr in same sc as last dtr,

Now, make the picot and chain 3, then make a treble crochet in the same sc that the last double treble from the cluster was made in - in other words, in the 5th sc from that 9 sc group.

This next bit - seems alittle confusing - I copied and pasted from your first post above; from this, it seems that the item will be working back on itself, using only the fifth and fourth sc's from the original 9 sc group - is that how it should look? Almost like a bobble effect? Textured? Or should it be laying flat? If it is worked as written, you should be able to work it out based on my descriptions above.... Basically, working picots, trebles, and double treble clusters in the stitches.

picot, ch 3, 2-dtr cl in same sc as tr and 4th sc, picot, ch 3,

For this next bit - you should now work into the next 9 sc group, then each subsequent 9 sc groups around to the beginning. Then, work the last dtr and tr in the third sc of that first group, where you joined the cream in, then join by making a chain one and make a dc in the stitch that is underneath that first picot.

rep from * around, work last dtr and tr in same st as beg ch, join with ch 1, dc under picot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, the 'repeat from *' instruction seem to go back to the same 9-ch group. I will try again slowly.

No picot stiches provided, only for these:
Popcorn (pc): 5 dtr in indicated st or sp, draw up a lp, remove hook, insert hook in first st of group, pick up dropped lp and draw through st on hook.
Beg popcorn (beg pc): Ch 4, 4 dtr in indicated st or sp, draw up a lp, remove hook, insert hook in top of beg ch-5, pick up dropped lp and draw through st on hook.
2-dtr cl: Holding back on hook last lp of each st, dtr in first indicated st and in 2nd indicated st, yo, draw through all 3 lps on hook.

Attached also pic for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are also instructions for the square and heart shape. I tried the square one, also got confused. Not going to try the heart shape until I figure out the instructions.
If you guys want the other instructions, I can post it here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom