Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making a hat, and using the circular needles, although it called for double point with a seam. Do you just use the front of the pattern then, as there is no reverse side?? Hope you know what I am referring too??? Sort of confusing for me, as its the 1st time I have done this, and I do not like sewing a seam at all.

·
Registered
13,832 Posts
Use a marker for the start thread and every 5-10 rows (previous KP reading help). All you have to do is make sure you're keep up with the correct number of stitches per *row*.
You only have to go to DPNs when you get to the last 16 or less stitches.

celissa said:
I am making a hat, and using the circular needles, although it called for double point with a seam. Do you just use the front of the pattern then, as there is no reverse side?? Hope you know what I am referring too??? Sort of confusing for me, as its the 1st time I have done this, and I do not like sewing a seam at all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pattern is a simple cable hat, but the 2nd row, and going around when I join, the 2nd row, is the opposite of what I did the first time, and I would think it would be the same. Knit on a knit stitch, and purl on the purl stitch. It looks alright now, just doing the same thing, but having lots of problems with the cable "tools".

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
It depends on how complicated your cables are but normally in the round you knit the knits and purl the purls. The pattern should tell you to put the cable tool in the back or the front of the work. When you start decreasing you will need to transfer to the double points to continue closing the top of the hat. You'll know when, it is easier than it sounds. Keep us posted on how it is going.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom