Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,959 Posts
I love them and want to try double knitting. I printed the pattern and was surprised to find that they call for 100% wool. I know you wouldn't want man-made fibers for a hot pad, but I assumed cotton would be the logical choice. Would wool yarn really be better?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Jan, you and I are on the same page. I have been looking at double knitting patterns the past two days. I really like this one, and just finished printing it.

I also, would have naturally used Sugar and Cream for my pot holder, not wool.

So Marta, or any others with knowledge on the subject, should I look for a wool that will felt and try to felt it when I finish? Will this act as a better insulator?

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jenk57 - it will shrink if you felt it so you would have to take that into consideration and maybe add a border or it may turn out too small.
I plan to use regular wool and wash by hand to avoid the felting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm actually not sure whether it would be better to felt it or not as far as insulation. I do know that ChadleyB has made felted potholders/hotpads... you may want to ask him if he knows about this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom