Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the easy way to make corn rows / small cables? If I hold the stitch in my fingers I loss my grip. Another thing I tried is a bobby pin and that kept getting caught in my knitting. Any advice?

·
Registered
519 Posts
They sell a special needle for that. It has points on each end and it is bent in the middle so that is where the stichest sit so they do not fall off. I do not know the name of the needle..sorry
jchags

·
Registered
564 Posts
It sounds like you want a twisted cable. It's worked on only 2 sts. Work from a k side row, not p side. At the 2 sts you want to be a mini-cable, k the left one (i.e. skip the first st on the left needle and k the second one); leave the st on the left needle, then k the first st on the needle and slip both sts off. You can get lots of different looks by the number of rows you do between doing the twist row. With this you don't ever take the sts off the needle until they're complete. BTW, as far as I know, the needle referred to in the earlier post is a cable needle which you would use if you're holding more sts in front or back of your work to create a larger cable. . . hope this makes sense. . . Good Luck. . . jj

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You both so much. I really appreciate your help. I did try the cable needle and it kept poking through my knitting and the boobie pin as well. That's why I wanted see if there was another technique that I could use. Grandma Judy Thank You, I will try to work on that sock as soon as a finish this new sock pattern I just started yesterday.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Don't kknow if this will help but when I need to do this, I use a small crochet hook to hold the cables at teh back and then move them over after knitting the two other stitches. Good luck. Hugs Robritt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom