Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes! You avid knitters are leading me down the garden path to corruption! Before I found Knitting Paradise, I happily planned my next project, buying enough yarn for it, with possible leftovers accumulating, but nothing more!
Then i heard about STASHES! How exciting, I thought! i must have one. So I went on line, bought interesting wool, thought of another sweater I could make after I finish the one I'm working on, purchased enough for that, dropped into an LYS and picked up a skein or three of interesting yarns I'd never seen before.... and before just like that -- I have a stash! Nothing like the enormous ones the rest of you have, but, heck, one has to start somewhere!

· Registered
3,578 Posts
When I first started quilting I said I will just buy the material needed for the project,
When I first started knitting I said I will just buy the yarn needed for the project.

I have found I am not very honest with myself!!!!

· Registered
8,310 Posts
louisepiano said:
Yes! You avid knitters are leading me down the garden path to corruption! Before I found Knitting Paradise, I happily planned my next project, buying enough yarn for it, with possible leftovers accumulating, but nothing more!
Then i heard about STASHES! How exciting, I thought! i must have one. So I went on line, bought interesting wool, thought of another sweater I could make after I finish the one I'm working on, purchased enough for that, dropped into an LYS and picked up a skein or three of interesting yarns I'd never seen before.... and before just like that -- I have a stash! Nothing like the enormous ones the rest of you have, but, heck, one has to start somewhere!
You are learning well.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kacey64 said:
Welcome to the club of the yarn addicted! Have you started collecting free patterns yet? It will come!
Yes! That's another thing! I'm spending a LOT of time on the computer looking at everything and bookmarking and saving so much! As well, my bookshelf is running over with books recommended by some of you......
Funny thing is, I almost NEVER follow a pattern. I look at hundreds (now thousands) of ideas and then make my own. It takes longer to design a garment than to knit it, with all the added research and planning. But it's fun!!!!!

· Registered
3,707 Posts
LOL that's how it always starts out in the begining.

When you want to try out a new type, weight, ply, fiber of yarn you go to the thrift stores and the big department stores fighting your way through clearance sales and you get home, knit or crochet that up and find that before you know it the end has come too soon and you haven't finished that project. You were hoping to make that yarn stretch to complete.

Next you go on a frantic search all over your state for that same yarn by dye lot, go on local e-bay and then international to see if anyone else has seen any in their thrift stores and then you pay more for their scraps than you would have for a new skein in a posh new Local Yarn Store.

Now you are convinced that it is much cheeper in gas, time, effort and your husband's patience if you just go ahead and shop in the REAL STORES for NEW YARN in extra amounts than the pattern calls for "just in case." The real challenge isn't getting hubby to tote it home for you but finding the next best place to STASH YOUR STASH when you get the new haul home.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom