Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Pretty shawl. When it comes to shawls and blankets/afghans, I always consider the yarn called for as a 'suggestion' and then go ahead and use whatever yarn I want to for the project! For non-fitted garments, I have always thought that gage and finished size is not so critical that it would make much difference if it was a little bit smaller or larger then original pattern dimension given. I know some would say that isn't right, but the knitting police have not yet visited my house. :)

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Pretty shawl. When it comes to shawls and blankets/afghans, I always consider the yarn called for as a 'suggestion' and then go ahead and use whatever yarn I want to for the project! For non-fitted garments, I have always thought that gage and finished size is not so critical that it would make much difference if it was a little bit smaller or larger then original pattern dimension given. I know some would say that isn't right, but the knitting police have not yet visited my house. :)
I agree and don’t worry too much when I’m knitting scarves. With a shawl, I try to keep as close to the gauge as I can.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Just finished knitting this Costa Eyelet Shawl to give to a friend whose last name is Costa. As soon as I saw the pattern, I knew I had to make it for her. She said her favorite color is turquoise. The instructions call for Lion Brand Wool Ease, but I can’t tolerate wool on any part of my my body. Looked for a substitute (YarnSub was useless) and found one in Loops & Threads Impeccable.
Very pretty love the colour

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Top Bottom