Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been knitting again after dropping out for 30 years. Used cotton for a dishcloth for the first time, and after first washing it was all out of shape and not at all attractive. I used the popular cotton yarn at michaels,etc. and followed a pattern on the label. What did I do wrong or is this a common problem with this yarn? Thanks for any help. Ponderosa Lady

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((( Yes, it's a common problem. I usually just toss them on my ironing board to do later......sometimes hand blocking will work, too.

Donna Rae
~~~~~~~
ponderosa lady said:
I have been knitting again after dropping out for 30 years. Used cotton for a dishcloth for the first time, and after first washing it was all out of shape and not at all attractive. I used the popular cotton yarn at michaels,etc. and followed a pattern on the label. What did I do wrong or is this a common problem with this yarn? Thanks for any help. Ponderosa Lady

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Sandra
e.ridenh said:
(((((((( Yes, it's a common problem. I usually just toss them on my ironing board to do later......sometimes hand blocking will work, too.

Donna Rae
~~~~~~~
ponderosa lady said:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom