Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for recommendations for a cotton blend yarn for a baby blanket or sweater that is machine wash and dry (not on low, or dry flat) that can take the kind of washing that baby clothes often need! Soft and durable!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I use Bernat Cottontots and Lion's Cotton Ease most of the time for baby blankets. They both machine wash and machine dry very well. But I also used an organic cotton for my granddaugher's blanket (she's 2 now) and it's been machine washed and dried many, many times and it's as good as new and ohhhh so soft.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you machine washed and dried the Cottontots? The recommendation is to hand wash and dry flat - not exactly what I would need to do with a baby garment or blanket.

·
Registered
761 Posts
knit50 said:
Have you machine washed and dried the Cottontots? The recommendation is to hand wash and dry flat - not exactly what I would need to do with a baby garment or blanket.
Yes - I have machine washed and dried Cottontots (I tried it before I gave it as a baby gift, (blanket) because I did not want to give a new mother something that had to be hand washed/dried flat) and it washes and dries wonderfully. I did not have any problems with it and have since made several more blankets out of Cottontots. I have checked with the mothers and they also said the blankets have washed and dried with no problems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom