Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am from Knoxville, Tn and by joining Knitting Paradise, I am hoping to learn to knit. I do crochet and I have tried Knook. But I am hoping to learn with the two needles deal. I am glad there are lot of members to help me. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Cottonone, there are also a number of simplified teaching books/kits available at places like Michael's or JoAnn's stores which can be of great help to a beginner.

An experienced knitter (from a group or senior's gathering place) would be invaluable too. Check with your place of worship, the library, etc. for possible help.

Even post a question about other knitters in your area in the appropriate site here.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
cottonone said:
mayane said:
Welcome to this amazing forum.
New Zealand sounds so cool. Would love to visit but probably never will since I do not fly. Thanks for the welcoming.
Hello and welcome from Canada.
You know, cruise ships stop at New Zealand. I plan on going one day and Australia too. But I will have to go in their winter as I can't handle the heat of Australia. :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Australia would be my number 1 pick and then New Zealand. Two years ago I got to go to Canada and Nova Scotia was my pick. But all of it was beautiful. I came from TN up through Michigan (where I was born) and all of Canada was so pretty. I went up in the fall. I have been on a cruise and maybe some day I will try that. Welcome to the Knitting Forum.

·
Registered
577 Posts
welcome from another corcheter who learned knitting. I learned to knit from tutorials on About.com great written tutorials there. Youtube has videos if you learn better that way. A great way to start is to pick a stitch...try knit stitch and use cotton and make a dishcloth. They don't have to be perfect to be useful. It is what i did with the support, assistance andencouragement of all the wonderful members here. If you have a question ask even if it has been asked before someone else is bound to need the same answer you do and you get such friendly prompt answers it is almost like having a teacher right in your own living room

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you Chrissyf. I have done a pincushion and dishcloth in the Tunisian stitch and am hoping that will help also in casting on and off. I will be watching some of those utube videos.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom