Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Receive our extra 4 test boxes today unfortunately the expiration date is Aug.
Are they just wanting rid of them what a waste of money

·
Registered
12,734 Posts
So many people need to use many of these and to them an expiration of a month away would be fine. We got our free ones and have a year to use them.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
The COVID tests provided by the US government are really good for three months beyond the expiration date indicated on each box, See the FAQs on their website if you want to see for yourself.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
We will get ours today. I plan to coordinate with local hospital/ER and a local clinic and see which one wants ours. We can share the bounty of free with those who do so much for us all. Or perhaps a local Dentist could use them for people in his office so they don't have to pay for their testing.
Good on the USA that we have such a bounty that we can get ours free of charge not even any postage when countries in Africa, etc., can't seem to help their people at all.
We are very lucky people in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Why do you need to share if they’re free for everyone?

Most African countries are poorer than the US and have struggled to obtain vaccinations during the pandemic, never mind tests. Wealthier countries have wasted some of the vaccine they have been able to receive.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just a little thought on ”free” stuff though. All that means is that the government took our own money (taxes), bought the test kits and paid the postage with it, to send it out to you. Nothing that’s “free” actually is. You just “bought” your own test kits by proxy.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday and today. While DH and I won't use them all most likely I'm glad to have them here to share with our adult children that get exposed quite often at work. Last time DD3 was exposed I went out to buy a test for her since none of us had any left at home. $23+ I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top Bottom