Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple pictures of a Cowl I made for myself. The pattern is free from Willow Yarns and is called Borealis Cowl. I got the yarn from a KP member. I used 544 6/0 beads in gold. It was a fun knit but one that had to be worked on in complete quiet.If I had dropped a stitch that would have been the end of my cowl so my DH was very cooperative and gave me complete quiet. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Elyse said:
Here are a couple pictures of a Cowl I made for myself. The pattern is free from Willow Yarns and is called Borealis Cowl. I got the yarn from a KP member. I used 544 6/0 beads in gold. It was a fun knit but one that had to be worked on in complete quiet.If I had dropped a stitch that would have been the end of my cowl so my DH was very cooperative and gave me complete quiet. LOL
That is funny!!!!!! I do the same thing if my husband walks into the room I start counting out loud and he then knows to turn around and leave LOL. Love the pattern, beautiful job, well done.
Marly

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
It is very pretty! Really drapes nice around the neck too. I like the look.
Beads have not been my thing, although I like the look on others. This year, at the Indiana State Fair, all three top winners in the lace shawl division incuded beads in the lace work. Seemed to have been the preference of the judges' eye! Yours would be a winner, a great color too!

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Elyse said:
Lovely Cowl! I get that from my cat! outta here cat!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was a little scared of trying beading but once I got into it I am now addicted. I just finished another shawlette and decided to put beads on the last few rows before binding off. I will post a picture as soon as I block it.

·
Registered
18,366 Posts
Elyse said:
Beautiful!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom