Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Lucky friend...they are all beautiful : )

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recently made a cowl from a bulky wool, cast on 25, knit a long scarf, as long as you like, sew two ends together to form a tube, there you have it. I used a size 10 1/2 needles, but use the needle recommended by yarn mfg.

If the scarf is very,very long, you can double it around the neck.

·
Registered
650 Posts
My goodness, there are many to choose from. I have made the Luxury one myself ( second blue) and I am partial to that one. Mine was mauve, I like your color better. They are all so pretty. One to you, one to your friend and two for later as gifts?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all of the kind words. Usually patterns I knit are free so I would assume they can be posted. The 1st blue one is from CARON called the "Bobble Blackberry Cowl". The stitches were purling 5 stitches together and K1,P1,K1,P1,K1 in the next stitch. Purling 5 sts tog was hard - I'm sure there's an easy (or easier) way to do it, but I couldn't find it.
The gray one with the fur is from Lionbrand called the "Paint Palette Cowl".
The varigated one is from Bernat called the "Mosaic Cowl."
The other 2 were from Lion Brand and I haven't been able to locate the patterns.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Blsbhs, thank you so much for the source of the patterns you used. Unfortunately, I don't think there is an easier way to do blackberries, brambles, raspberries or bobbles. There are some variations where you use fewer stitches and make smaller "berries," but they are smaller. You did a very nice job on the cowls. Have you decided which one to gift?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom