Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of a young lady of 20 fooling around with a tea cosy just made in the good old vintage daffodil pattern.Fell in love with it and asked me to make her one in team colours.Left out the holes and did it in one piece.Lo and behold it looked really good.Her remark was she could wear her colours and still look feminine .A sweet young face looks good in anything.

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
A great idea, I have a tea cozy pattern of a sheep an I am going to make it as a hat.... She is a clever girl to see the possibility and you are a good grandma to make it a reality.... Would love to see her in it....

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Aren't the wonderful? My grandson reminded me today that I must have "forgot" his Minions hat that he said he wanted last week! ha ha. Good to know he likes his Mine's hats :) (he calls me Mine or Grandma Mine or GRANDMAAAAAA! haha). I love it when he likes what I've made for him.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Would like to see a picture. My SNL has faces on some of his trees. One lost an eye, he ask me if I could make an eye patch for him. I did. I was visting them for a couple a weeks in the middle of the month. Then my GD wanted a tam, so of to JoAnns we went.

·
Registered
23,070 Posts
StellasKnits said:
Aren't the wonderful? My grandson reminded me today that I must have "forgot" his Minions hat that he said he wanted last week! ha ha. Good to know he likes his Mine's hats :) (he calls me Mine or Grandma Mine or GRANDMAAAAAA! haha). I love it when he likes what I've made for him.
They are wonderful! My little man, age 4, asked me where his new "yarn slippers" we're. I've knitting slippers for Christmas gifts. He then proceeded to tell me what colors his had to be! Of course he'll get them!

·
Registered
81 Posts
My grand-daughter saw a pattern for Peppa Pig in one of my pattern books and that was it!! Now knitted 2 of them and onto other things in the book.....Toys! Never knitted them before but now am hooked, just done a hedgehog and an owl....what next???? Probably back to cardigans for the winter!!

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Isn't it fun when your loved ones appreciate your work. My GD loves the sweaters I make for her. She wears one to school everyday. I am currently working on the next size. She likes different things and I have thought of using some Tea Cosy patterns as hats but now, after hearing your story, I really must take a look and get busy with some for this winter.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Linday said:
Isn't it fun when your loved ones appreciate your work. My GD loves the sweaters I make for her. She wears one to school everyday. I am currently working on the next size. She likes different things and I have thought of using some Tea Cosy patterns as hats but now, after hearing your story, I really must take a look and get busy with some for this winter.
Do try as some of them really lend themselves to extending the concept.Here in Queensland we tend to forget warmer clothes are appreciated.

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
And a pattern must be provided bc U are such a genius to make it for him---a hat from a tea cosy---what will they think up next? :lol:
wiremysoul said:
I concur! A Molehat must exist!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom