Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just received my crochenit needle in the post, I had to order it from US as we don't stock them in UK yet. I want to do a baby blanket I found on the web, I have downloaded the pattern so now I am set to go. What I was wondering was is if anyone here has used one and has any tips? Or for that matter good suggestions for more patterns?

·
Registered
12,067 Posts
I got a set of Denise interchangeable crochet hooks with extra hooks in various sizes so I can make double ended crochet blankets in any size, but have only made a stroller sized blanket because the technique takes so long. I bought the book "101 Double-Ended Hook Stiches (Annie's Attic Crochet)". You can use it to design your own blankets or throws.

I found it on Amazon UK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Double-Ended-Hook-Stitches-Annies-Attic/dp/1596353228/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1345561886&sr=1-1

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I have used Crochenit for quite a while, but only for small things like pot-holders. My main tip would be, when using two colors of yarns, keep the balls separate, one on each side of you. When turning the work, turn first clockwise, next time counterclockwise. This avoids the yarn getting twisted together, which can be a pain!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Dick, thanks I came across that yesterday and bookmarked it. I'm just finishing off a panel of a lacey shawl I have on the go then I am going to start.
I have worked Tunisian in the past so I do have the basic idea.

Thanks again

Tina

·
Registered
534 Posts
I made a baby blanket using a Crochenit hook with one skein of baby green and one of baby white and it turned out absolutely beautiful. This was several years ago. I love the technique because you can use 2 colors and the end product is very nice!!!

Noreen

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
I find it easier to place on skein of yarn on my right an on on my left.
When I finish off a row, I just rotate the hook to keep the yarn untangled.
when I left both skeins on my left, the yarn was always tangling.
Dick

·
Registered
534 Posts
DickWorrall said:
I find it easier to place on skein of yarn on my right an on on my left.
When I finish off a row, I just rotate the hook to keep the yarn untangled.
when I left both skeins on my left, the yarn was always tangling.
Dick
This is the same method I use!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have done a lot of croknit items. I found that you have to be careful when turning to be sure you do the very first stitch or you will loose stitches. Otherwise I love doing things one side is one color and the other side is another color .And they turn out so soft and nice

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies. I attempted to do a test piece a few days ago and discovered I am going to have to get hold of some baby chunky yarn as my dk does not do the job. I was hoping to use some wool I had in my stash as funds are tight so it may have to wait a while now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom