Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the first time doing a dress with an underlay, and I have to admit I like the look. Pattern was called Charlotte Belle.

Attachments

·
Registered
978 Posts
kjchamberlain1 said:
This was the first time doing a dress with an underlay, and I have to admit I like the look. Pattern was called Charlotte Belle.
Hi KJ
Absolutely gorgeous. I have the pattern, I got if off E-Pattern Central and I never did it yet. Did you use the yarn that they requested? or did you substitute?

You do marvelous work, and the little girl will feel like a Princess in it.

Blessings,

Linda
(Sebastian-Fla)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used Bernat coordinates - sherbet for the outer dress where the called for patrons pink and the underway I used patons snow. This pattern was set for intermediate level, but I found it reasonably easy to make.
This dress was made for my grand daughter. I am trying to keep ahead of her. She was born 12/8/10.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Stunning!!!!!

That is THE MOST EXQUISITE baby dress I have ever seen!

And you do great work.

May I ask how long it took?

The most intricate one I did was in miniature individual motifs using thread and took me 50 hours.
I did 3 in the same summer: one for my 2 year old granddaughter and 2 for new babies born within weeks (post wedding baby boom).

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Lucky to have such a talented grandmother!!!

Bet that when she looks at these baby pix and sees you working on whatever your current project is, you will have an eager student to teach.

Happy hooking!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom