Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just bought this crochet book. you may already have it. apart from some very interesting patterns there is a section on Tunisian crochet which you may find interesting.
i have done a sampler of some of the stitches.
the book is by Margaret Hulbert and here in Australia it cost me AU$30.
I cannot copy the patterns for you as that would be infringing copyright but you might want to see if you can get it or check out your Libraries
Have a great day, regards, JOHN

Attachments

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
John-you have been the single most inspiration for me to plunge and challenge myself by learning crochet!! by the way, I haven't heard if you would sell me that fluted tunsian piece about a week or 2 ago -thanks for all your insight :):)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
joannav said:
John-you have been the single most inspiration for me to plunge and challenge myself by learning crochet!! by the way, I haven't heard if you would sell me that fluted tunsian piece about a week or 2 ago -thanks for all your insight :):)
hI there, i hope all your crochet turns out ok. Sorry about the fluted rug. unfortuneately none of my lap rugs are for sale. they are made by trial and error but eventually they are given to the Salvation Army for needy people. whether they appreciate all the work that goes into them or not is another matter and i have not seen any of the items since giving them to the Salvos.
Maybe my rewards will come in the after life (ha ha)
Have a great day, best regards, JOHN

·
Registered
700 Posts
Thanks John for sharing, I have checked this book out at my local library it is an interesting book. Happy crocheting to you.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
John, I just noticed you are from Toowoomba. My late hubby stayed there during the sixties when he was working on a project for his company. They were tracking satellites with special telescopes. He always spoke fondly of the people that he met there, and loved the country. He enjoyed seeing the various wildlife in the area, especially koala bears. Wish he were still here so I could get more info from him!

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
No one can ever appreciate the work that goes into a homemade item, John. Our appreciation has to come from the joy we get from being so creative. I have been a cake baker/designer , wood worker of small stuff, and all the crocheted, knitted items that we all do and no one has ever been able to look at those things thru the same eyes that I do. But that's ok !! My skills are the legacy from my mom. The only things that I have done that have truly been appreciated have come from my children and quilts and counted crossstitch pictures I've made for them.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I've only done the basic Tunisian sitch when I made my grand-daughter a blankie for her doll.
I crocheted an edging around it to keep it from curling. I don't know if I have enough confidence in myself to tackle any other stitches. Your samples are great. I think I will check at the library to see if they have the book. Thanks again for sharing.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I made a whole afghan of the basic Tunisian stitch but that's the only one I know. I did try a purl-like stitch which I also likes.

Maybe this book will inspire me to go further with this. I have found it sort of hard to find instructions and patterns in Tunisian as compared to other methods but this looks comprehensive.

As always, thanks for the information.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hi- I love freeform. Have you tried it? I have taken a few workshops in freeform whenever Prudence comes here form Australia.Prudence Mapstone has a webstie & newsletter aobut Freeform. I think she learned it from Margaret. Both are fabulous!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom