Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I've crocheted quite a few of these "Simona Crochets Goosebumps Cardigans". They work up beautifully and very quickly. However, I have such a huge problem with the bottom right corner curling terribly. I've tried "pulling it back" when I weave in the ends, I've tried stretching it into place, to no avail.

Does anyone have a good suggestion as to how I could either prevent the curl or correct it?!? It's making me CRAZY!! Any and all suggestions welcomed!! HELP!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Great question. I'll be watching for a solution. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
If you flatten the corner, is that right front edge the same length as the left? Maybe it’s the way the photo was taken, but to my eye, that corner looks longer (too long). I don’t know whether making it shorter would stop that flip. I can’t imagine why it’s doing that UNLESS you crocheted two rows in the same direction instead of reversing direction.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Omgoodness!!

You were right!! There were too many stitches! I ripped that whole edge out and redid it. It still curls a tiny bit, but nothing like it was!! I guess I've been throwing in a couple of extra stitches all along (there's no stitch count in the pattern).

Such a simple solution!! I'll pay better attention from here on out!! Than you so very much!! Enjoy your day!

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MMWRay said:
Yes this is curling which indicates too many stitches in your band.
That was the problem!! There is no stitch count listed in the pattern, but Once you brought that to my attention, it became crystal clear that they're were indeed too many stitches!!

I've corrected it and it looks 100% better!!

Thank you so very much!! I'll have to pay attention to that from now on!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Grannie Sandy said:
Would spray starch on the wrong side and gentle blocking help? You have a beautiful sweater pattern. Would you please share it?
The pattern came from "Simona Crochet" on YouTube. It's the "Goosebumps Cardigan"! It's a great pattern! Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
collingwoodcollection said:
It looks to me like there are too many stitches in that corner. Try removing some of them and see what happens.
It looks like that to me, too. Beautiful pattern and work.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I put crocheted button bands on all my knit sweaters. I never used to have a curling problem, but in the last couple of years I have. So odd. I will try the fewer stitches thing. I use those 1/2 inch hair clips to hold the 2 sides together so I can keep them the same length.

I just checked the most recent one I did - it curls - and I counted to find that I had the same number of stitches on each side??(each corner) I use a single crochet st. So I should have fewer stitches on the curling side?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom