Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am knitting a small throw for a prayer ministry. I would like to add a crocheted edging on the ends. This is just the original prayer shawl pattern. K3P3. Does anyone have an easy edging pattern I could use to add a "little something" to dress it up some?

·
Registered
898 Posts
I use a shell stitch to edge mine. It finishes it off nicely. Another thing to do is put 2 or 3 stitches on either side and just knit them every row. That kinda makes a frame for it and you don't have to edge.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
For scarves and a lace headband I knitted, I use a simple,. single crochet edging. I can't seem to wrap my brain around how to do a reverse single crochet. Can someon explain for a dummy?

I started using it for a scarf I made that curled at the edges, to prevent the curling.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Dowager said:
For scarves and a lace headband I knitted, I use a simple,. single crochet edging. I can't seem to wrap my brain around how to do a reverse single crochet. Can someon explain for a dummy?

I started using it for a scarf I made that curled at the edges, to prevent the curling.
It is also known as crab stitch. One of these links should help.
http://www.crochetspot.com/how-to-crochet-reverse-single-crochet-or-crab-stitch/

http://www.woolywonder.com/classpages/crabby/crabstitchlesson.htm

Dick

·
Registered
28 Posts
Blue_Carol said:
found this video for reverse single crochet

So that's what that stitch is! I made it up for myself and didn't realize it had a name. Duh! Silly me, of course a zillion other folks used it before I came along and worked it out for myself. It makes a very tidy finish.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I like a simple picot edging. My mom taught me this one. Attach your yarn. Chain 3 in the first stitch. Insert the hook into the next stitch. Draw up a loop. Slip stitch. Chain another 3 and keep repeating around. You will have to do 2 or 3 of these in each corner to wrap it around the blanket. I'm a new crocheter. I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. I look at the mm of the hook. Your hook mm should match with the knitting needle mm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom