Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Here are a few of the dresses I made for Barbie back in the late 80's. They were really fun to make.
Sorry the pics are sideways. They are the right way on my computer. This is the first time I have posted pictures.

Attachments

· Registered
149 Posts
Thanks. I really enjoyed doing them. I want to make some bed dolls. Have some that are really elegant.
These were in some books I had. A lot of my books came from Annie's Attic, also did some dresses from Crochet World. I think the dresses above is from an out of print booklet. Search the net. I know there are plenty of patterns on crochet pattern central. Have a section for Barbie.

· Registered
149 Posts
hepsubah said:
You are so fortunate to have so many. Do you plan to make clothes for them? Many years ago, I sewed clothes for dolls I got from thrift stores to give to charity. After I learned to knit and crochet, I preferred that. Nowadays, I have a hard time finding the dolls.
I plan on making bed dolls out of some of them. Others I wants to make wedding gowns. I may even try to sell a few. I have a good size collection of Barbie patterns. And now a new one to check out.

· Registered
149 Posts
frostyfranny said:
I knit Barbie dolls clothes to sell on my craft stall and always buy my dolls from charity shops and pay no more than £1. That way if someone wants to buy the doll as well as the outfit I charge them £1 extra. An amazing free KNITTING pattern site for Barbie clothes is http://stickatillbarbie.se with over 1000 designs to choose from. Do we really have enough paper to print them all? They are in different languages but instructions for printing are given. Permission is given to sell the knitted outfits but not the patterns
What a wonderful site. Will be downloading to my thumb drive. Too many too print, must save the trees. Thanks for the site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom