Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i keep my crochet hooks in a small leather case that originally held a pair of leather travel slippers / they folded over and fitted in the case / they belonged to Great Aunt Maudie who taught me the beginnings of knit and crochet / i am looking over my crochet hooks preparing to crochet the seams on a new red sweater / i discover one of them is a size 1 and the price is on the hook / it was 35 cents !

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have my grandmother's steel hooks / she made Irish lace with them / they are so fine they slip through a small bead / i used them to make lace edgings when i was infatuated with Rumanian blouses in the 60's/70's

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I have one that says 10 cents also. It is a size 15. You can hardly see the hook, but you can feel it. I could probably use size 60 sewing machine thread for a handkerchief border. I also have one made from bone. Made an afghan with it many years ago, but afraid to use it now. Don't want to break it.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I went antiquing out in Vermont back in the '80s, and along with some bone and ivory hooks, I found a Boye retail crochet hook display from 1919, and it had over 100 steel hooks of all sizes along with the little caps that go on top of them. You don't get those little caps anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom