Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this shawl using sock yarn. It took almost three 100gr hanks of yarn. I couldn't have done another row. The pattern is free on Ravelry and is called South Bay Shawlette. The sock yarn was from Pollika. It was so beautiful I wanted to make the shawl with it. The pattern was very easy and I made the shawl the size I wanted, not the actual size from the pattern. I did get 4 hanks of this yarn because I wanted one for a pair of socks.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks so much everyone. I saw this yarn and shawl on a video I was watching and knew I had to make it and I wanted the same yarn. It's just beautiful. Pictures just don't do it justice. I'm really curious to see what this yarn will look like when I get to make the socks with it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
copper wire-n- beads said:
Love it. South Bay is definately on my to do list.
I just noticed you are in East St. Louis. Our daughter just moved there in February with a job promotion. She is in Creve Coeur. We went to visit her for the first time 3 weeks ago. She's coming home tomorrow until the 15th. I think she's homesick. She's been out on her own for about 20 years, but this is the first time this far from home. She's made plans to visit all of her friends and eat at all of her favorite places while she's here. It's funny though, we've seen her more often since she moved than we saw her when she lived here. LOL But that's just fine. I didn't think we saw her often enough before the move. She will be on vacation the first week and then working out of her old office the next week. She's a trainer with the company. She is so excited to get home. She says she can't find "good" pizza or some of the other foods she likes out there. She said she was calling when she got close so we could have her favorite pizza waiting on her. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
anouk said:
Amazing work........the colours are so nice....don't know how to crochet....is it difficult????
Thank you. I don't think crochet is difficult, but I've done it since I was about 8 years old. I think the shawl looks more complicated than it was. You just repeat two rows over and over until it's the size you want. And it's all done with double crochet and chain stitches.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom