Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are a few of the flakes I put on my tree.
They have held up for at least five years now!

This is the link to the patterns, many are free some are sold in sets for charity

Well written and most have a lovely story how she came up with each pattern

http://www.snowcatcherphotos.com/blahg/patterns/SnowcatcherSnowflakeDirectory.html

It's been a few years since I shared the link, just figure it's worth sharing again

Attachments

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
I have a friend who fills her windows with these snowflakes hanging on nylon line and the effect is beautiful, very delicate. I made some for my tree years ago and with care, they seem to last forever. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Yours are lovely, and I can’t believe how many patterns there are! I’ve made some in the past, I have trouble with my arthritis when using such small thread. But I may have to try some of these. Thank you for sharing this!

·
Registered
996 Posts
My mother and I made some snowflakes after she moved in with me around 1981 and I am still putting them on the tree. She also made some in tatting.
They will last almost for ever and depending on what was used to stiffen them they can be washed and starched.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
So pretty. I have one that was gifted to me years ago that is in my little box of 'special' ornaments. I have another larger one a friend's grandma made me for kindness to her old blind pony. That one is mounted in a shadow box so I can see it year round.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom