Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
hi there , i am crocheting a care bear and the pattern is from america. Part of it says to use size 10 crochet thread (bedspread weight). can anyone advise me if this is just the same as say anchor size 10 thread?
thanks, Jackie

Size 10 threads are all the sme weight and should give the same gauge with the needle size given. That said, the crocheter's personal tension has to be considered, too.
Can't wait to see your finished Care Bear!

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Hi Jessica , maybe they are , I am not sure as I am in uk and a lot of the wool has a different name so thought I best check before I buy wrong item. Thanks for the links

oh oh oh I'm working with size 10 Lydia brand right now. I love it, slides so nice when I'm hooking.
I'm useing a sz 7 US hook and am makeing a Queen Anns lace pattern.
Its supose to be a table runner but its going so smoothly I might just keep going and make it into a bed spread. You hook tham as you go so its really fast. I did 6 full flowers in 1 hr. So I can watch tv and do them I'm going to just keep going .
I have a new first time Great grand baby comming in March so I'll have to work baby things inbetween, that will help break up the munotteny of hooking.
Omg I'm going to be a gr grandma.I'm 57 yrs old. AWAWA

jannyjo said:
oh oh oh I'm working with size 10 Lydia brand right now. I love it, slides so nice when I'm hooking.
I'm useing a sz 7 US hook and am makeing a Queen Anns lace pattern.
Its supose to be a table runner but its going so smoothly I might just keep going and make it into a bed spread. You hook tham as you go so its really fast. I did 6 full flowers in 1 hr. So I can watch tv and do them I'm going to just keep going .
I have a new first time Great grand baby comming in March so I'll have to work baby things inbetween, that will help break up the munotteny of hooking.
Omg I'm going to be a gr grandma.I'm 57 yrs old. AWAWA
Yes, great thread but most of all, congrats on becoming a grandma. I have this plaque on the frig that says "if I would have known grandchildren would have been so great, I would have had them first!"

Do you know the sex yet? This helps with knit/crochet colors.

Thats a smart idea.. even over the decades the terms change. It can be confusing but look at all we are learning that our poor teachers couldn't get across to us...
jacs said:
Hi Jessica , maybe they are , I am not sure as I am in uk and a lot of the wool has a different name so thought I best check before I buy wrong item. Thanks for the links

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom