Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the post on the Japanese chart for little animals explained, but I am interested in finding a way to understand the crochet patterns for ladies' clothes that are in their magazines. Does anyone know if there is a place to help with that?

Same for all f those gorgeous Russian interpretations on Irish Crochet...can't figure that out either. Of course over here we'd need liners or something to wear under many of them.

I know there are diagrams in both magazines, but I don't know what they mean.

Or does anyone know if there are English translations of the books or patterns?

And then I found the Portugese lady with all her creations...........I'm drowning in foreign languages!

(and I'm still learning to crochet....)

·
Registered
12,049 Posts
I hope you will sleep good ...

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Another thing I would suggest if you go to a lot of foreign sites is to download Google Chrome browser. It automatically asks you if you want to translate foreign sites. Sometimes the loose translation is hilarious. But you can understand the gist of the sites.

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
HandyFamily I'm glad you saw this post I was going to suggest that she contact you... you have a great understanding of translating to english... there is also a few others here on the site but they are not on as often and I can't remember their names... a search for our members will tell you who is in other country's and they might be able to help you translate... although I think that the translator in google is a great one I'm not sure they will translate figures... if they do it just got better... :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
I learned to crochet from the Japanese books and have always found these "picture stitch" patterns to be so much easier than a written pattern. It really shows you what you are doing as you do it. I wish all patterns were printed this way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom