Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, there was a misunderstanding and my first post was deleted. Here I am again. I have tried for two years to get the pattern for this cute girl's vest. The lady who posted it on Interweave member's forum said she had made up the pattern herself. She said she had crocheted it for her god-daughter to wear to kinder. She told me she would write it down and get it to me when her teaching duties permitted, but I never did hear anything. I know this is mainly a knitting forum, but perhaps some of you crocheters out there can help me with this. I do crocheted and have for a long time, but I just never did learn how to read a pattern from the work. I have to have a written pattern, and I can crochet most anything I want to. I've done doilies, afghans, sweaters, dolls, etc. I think I've found a pattern I can use for the bottom of the vest. Do you think the top is just double crochet? One person said she thought it was. Do you think it's done from the top down (I think so)? And do you think it's done in the round, including the sleeve part, or do you think the sleeve is added later? I would really appreciate any help you can give me. Best regards! Myra

Attachments

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Hi Myra
I have a baby dress pattern somewhere that looks like the top of that cute vest. Probably follow that down to the chest area and then crochet a shell pattern for the body of the vest and add fringe. As for beads, there are videos on how to crochet with beads on the internet. Do a search. If you have the measurements for your child, that would help in converting the pattern. Its really all about gauge. I will go home and look for it tonite and get back to you! It sure is cute.
Lois

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loistec: That's great! Thank you. Yes, I really wasn't that concerned about the beading part. I can always find a video for that. What kind of fringe do you think this is? It's not just regular added on fringe. It looks sort of like an I-cord? Myra

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The lady who crocheted the vest you're looking at made the pattern up, but as I stated in my post, I tried for two years to get the pattern and never was successful. That's why we're trying to figure out what was done, so I can repeat it. OK?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Myra,
The vest is really cute and really in right now. I am not the crocheter that I'd like to be, but if you get it figured out and it's not too difficult, please share. I have been looking for easy crocheted vest/bolero/shrug type patterns for granddaughters 18 mos. and 5 yrs. Haven't found much alike that cover that size range and look EASY! Good luck in your pattern quest.
Jerre

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I absolutely will, Jerre48! I just need to take some time and figure it out. I've gotten a few suggestions from others that I'm going to try. Let you know how it goes! Myra

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom