Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this winter I finished a double-crocheted double bed cover for my nephew. Not much of a design because it was made from mainly scrap yarn from my mom's past knitting projects. Plus it was for a male in his 20's, so it couldn't be too "pretty." No pattern.

I saw all those variations of spiral scarves, so tried my hand at one with no pattern. Basically I started with one chain in the middle and kept single crocheting around it. The ruffles were created by putting 3 stitches into one on occasion, and the little bit of frill around the edge was created by skipping stitches and chaining instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
I love the afghan it is so colorful. I have made two similar to this and I call them my scrappy afghans. I use black as the main color and then do stripes of what ever left over yarn that I have on hand. I donated them to my church Craft Faire and they sold right away. I have just started another one for the next Craft Faire next Oct.

Thanks for sharing, I love it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Very nice and colourful for a boys room and oh!! the scarf is so nice...I seem never to make enough. Have made several on this line but was wondering if you care to share the pattern...Really like the detail along the border. Lovely projects you have made and very much enjoy your site

·
Registered
650 Posts
Your work is really terrific!! The contrast of colors in your afghan is stunning, kinda like the stained glass colors. I haven't crocheted in a couple years, makes me want to go back. Thanks for such pretties!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, my name is Dorine, I have been knitting & crocheting a long time. like all ur patterns.

i like the beed cover, I made 2 ( 1 for our king size & 1 for our grandaughter's bed. we have been raising her sence birth & she keeps us young. glad to be here. I called mined the poor mans cover.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom