Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my newest crocheted creation.  It's called Reflections and is a "Mary Maxim" Kit No. 99549N.  Sorry I can't share the pattern but it is very easy.  It is done lengthwise, cutting each beginning and ending strand at 7" to incorporate into the fringe when you are done.  There are only three rows, the middle of which is a simple backward cross. The yarn is Red Heart Super Saver and the Crochet Hook is US Size J.  Enjoy. 

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Craftyjamie,
I love this afghan and the colors would be perfect in my house! Were these the colors that came in the kit? Was it one cost for the kit or was the yarn additional? Have never ordered a kit so not sure just how that works. I'm thinking I'm going to have to order this for me. I absolutely love the colors and the pattern!
Carol L.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Carol L. said:
Craftyjamie,
I love this afghan and the colors would be perfect in my house! Were these the colors that came in the kit? Was it one cost for the kit or was the yarn additional? Have never ordered a kit so not sure just how that works. I'm thinking I'm going to have to order this for me. I absolutely love the colors and the pattern!
Carol L.
Carol, these are the colors that came with the kit. If you go to http://www.marymaxim.com and put in 99549 in the search box, you will see it in all it's glory. I loved it when I first saw it and I still love it after it is done. I really like the idea of having a colorful afghan without any ends to tie in. The cost was $29.97 plus shipping.

I am going to do another one using this same sideways technique only it is Indian inspired with raised diamonds and three or four colors. I have made it before and it is beautiful. I'm thinking of using off white, coral, peach and rust.

I hope you enjoy making the Reflections.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Craftyjamie said:
Carol L. said:
Craftyjamie,
Carol L.
Carol, these are the colors that came with the kit. If you go to http://www.marymaxim.com and put in 99549 in the search box, you will see it in all it's glory. I loved it when I first saw it and I still love it after it is done. I really like the idea of having a colorful afghan without any ends to tie in. The cost was $29.97 plus shipping.

I am going to do another one using this same sideways technique only it is Indian inspired with raised diamonds and three or four colors. I have made it before and it is beautiful. I'm thinking of using off white, coral, peach and rust.

I hope you enjoy making the Reflections.
Thanks for the info. I'm going there from here. Your other afghan sounds quite pretty too. Is there a way you can share the pattern for that one or the name so I can look it up? Just from the sounds of it I like the colors you listed. I will probably use more jewel tone colors or yellow, turquoise, coral and either purple or red. Do you think the pattern would look good using those color choices?
Carol L.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Carol, the actual name of the design is Navajo Indian. You can find a pattern and a small picture here. Enlarge the picture to get a better view, but it does not do the actual afghan any justice. Mine came out much nicer than that. My colors were subtle and the diamond shape stood right out. The darker or intense the color is tends to over shadow the design. If you know what I mean.

http://www.allcrafts.net/fjs.htm?url=www.knitting-crochet.com/crochet/navindmulcol.html .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Craftyjamie,
I am so happy you posted the pattern for the Navajo Indian design with diamonds. I made this pattern for my son for his graduation from high school and his dog decided to chew it up. I lost the pattern so I was not able to replace it!!! Thanks so much for coming to my rescue! I am so thankful someone knew the pattern and I really do thank you very much!!!
Susi

·
Registered
650 Posts
Craftyjamie, That is so very nice! I am in awe. I would love to do such a big project. Some day when I don't have to work and have more time. Just beautiful. Hildy has been missing you, she will be so glad you are back.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Oh! SO lovely! The colors just work woderfully together.
You know, I see thigns for kits, and as a new knitter on a tighter budget (though arent we all?) I pass them up thinking to myself I can just buy yarn and get a similar free pattern and end up spending less, and while this may in fact be true, I'm realizing these kit prices are pretty darn good. You may not have the item right away, but there's a satisfaction in constructing it youself, and imagine what you'd pay in a store for it!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Susi said:
Craftyjamie,
I am so happy you posted the pattern for the Navajo Indian design with diamonds. I made this pattern for my son for his graduation from high school and his dog decided to chew it up. I lost the pattern so I was not able to replace it!!! Thanks so much for coming to my rescue! I am so thankful someone knew the pattern and I really do thank you very much!!!
Susi
Susi, glad I could help. I got the pattern from a friend about 12 years ago in Florida and I lost it also. I googled and googled for Indian Design Afghan and just as I was about to give up I saw Navajo and there it was. I was thrilled. I can't wait to make another one.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom