Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making a granny square spike stitch blanket - all was going well until the pattern sequence repeat rows. I have taken out the row several times now and I just cannot figure out what is wrong - I have watch videos and looked at pics all to no avail. I just cannot get it to look like previous rows that have 3 sts and now I only show 1 spike. Can anyone tell me what to do please

It may well be the dark color throwing me and I just need to color change on next row - will try that

Pattern link provided:
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/poppys-blanket

Attachments

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
To me, yours looks the same as the pattern photo. Also, your last row looks like the other rows you have. Not sure why you think it is wrong. Once you add a third lighter row, I think you will see the pattern emerge.

If you are not sure, try continuing the row until you have 10" or so. Then attach your next color and work that. If it's wrong, you will have only 10" to rip back instead of an entire row.

·
Registered
19,012 Posts
Prism99 said:
To me, yours looks the same as the pattern photo. Also, your last row looks like the other rows you have. Not sure why you think it is wrong.once you add a third lighter row, I think you will see the pattern emerge.
I think you are correct Prism99. Just may look "off" because of the dark color but it seems to be just like the other rows.

·
Premium Member
9,060 Posts
beaz said:
I am making a granny square spike stitch blanket - all was going well until the pattern sequence repeat rows. I have taken out the row several times now and I just cannot figure out what is wrong - I have watch videos and looked at pics all to no avail. I just cannot get it to look like previous rows that have 3 sts and now I only show 1 spike. Can anyone tell me what to do please

It may well be the dark color throwing me and I just need to color change on next row - will try that

Pattern link provided:
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/poppys-blanket
I have done this stitch & your stitches look fine. Not sure what you feel is wrong.

Updated:
Sorry, did not see that the issue had been solved.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I see the same in the new rows as the ones below. Maybe you are missing the fact that 3 spikes alternate with 1 spike As you move across the row. That is true in the early rows and in your new ones. (It’s easiest to see if you look down at the grey row.)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Very simple, PM me by email if you have more problems after watching the attached video - which is very easy to follow.

You are putting your 2nd DC in the wrong area, also make sure you pull up the spike stitch and leave loosely enough where it will not pull. Please do not hesitate to PM for more assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom