Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,888 Posts
I love Homespun but not for crocheting. I did a shawl and almost lost my mind. Since I had purchased so much I decided to knit it. Now that was great. Made scarves and hats and mittens. So soft and warm. Much easier to knit for me.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I use to have problems crocheting with Homespun and I decided to try something. I tried using a very thing #1 yarn or #10 string in one of the colors in my Homespun. This made it easier for me to see the stitches. I loved the way it came out and have been doing this for about 10+ years.

Hope this might give you a little inspiration.

Blessings, Linda

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've knitted with it before and I didn't like it then. I'll never crochet with it again. it was in the donation box and I feel I have to do something with it. Thanks for all you support.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
A coworker asked me to teach her to crochet. Of course, she brought Homespun yarn and couldn't make hide nor hair of anything. I told her to bring a smooth, light-colored worsted weight, and she was able to make sense of it.

Karen N.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom