Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have been crocheting for almost 40 years. With that said, I purchased some heavenly soft pipsqueak yarn to make a car seat cover for my new grandchild.
I can't get pass my chain row.
How in heavens name do you see the individual stitches?
I can't tell where the next row of stitches even go.
I thought of using another "regular" yarn at the same time, but that is going to take away the softness of the pipsqueak.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
snobles523 said:
Hello all,
I have been crocheting for almost 40 years. With that said, I purchased some heavenly soft pipsqueak yarn to make a car seat cover for my new grandchild.
I can't get pass my chain row.
How in heavens name do you see the individual stitches?
I can't tell where the next row of stitches even go.
I thought of using another "regular" yarn at the same time, but that is going to take away the softness of the pipsqueak.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.
Just wanted to let you know, I used the pipsqueak along with a strand of their regular baby yarn and it wored out even better, made a really cuddly soft knit Gypsycream bear in blue.

·
Super Moderator
Name on Ravelry: JessicaJean, no hyphen, no space.
87,189 Posts
I assume the yarn in question is furry/fuzzy and that's why you can't see the stitches. Awful stuff to work! That said, if you hold it up with a strong light behind it, you will be able to see the stitches. I usually just work such yarns more by touch than sight.

·
Registered
18,215 Posts
OMG! I know just what you're talking about! Knitting with it is not AS difficult, but crocheting with it alone is a nightmare, even with a larger hook. I originally wanted to use it for my crocheted bunny, but changed my mind. It was like trying to crochet into a white cloud! I didn't want to add the extra yarn along with it, because it would have made it too large. Good luck with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom