Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Britty43 said:
Beautiful design ... What weight is this cotton? Like DK?
May be lighter weight as knitted on 3.75mm needles (US5?) but you'd need to do a swatch to check.
Still get very confused with differences!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,092 Posts
dorfor said:
May be lighter weight as knitted on 3.75mm needles (US5?) but you'd need to do a swatch to check.
Still get very confused with differences!
All of my needles are from English charity shops .. You can't beat the Aero brand
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Britty43 said:
All of my needles are from English charity shops .. You can't beat the Aero brand
Have to agree but I do like bamboo circulars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,092 Posts
dorfor said:
Have to agree but I do like bamboo circulars.
I only used circulars if I HAVE to ... Just would rather hold a straight needle ... Maybe cos that's the way I grew up using them... I do have some bamboo 4 dpn needle sets and have to admit they are a lot better than plastic ones
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Britty43 said:
I only used circulars if I HAVE to ... Just would rather hold a straight needle ... Maybe cos that's the way I grew up using them... I do have some bamboo 4 dpn needle sets and have to admit they are a lot better than plastic ones
I used to be the same until arthritis messed with some of the joints in my hands and left shoulder. Circulars take the weight off your hands into your lap (or wherever you rest the bulk of what you're knitting). Has made a big difference and great for baby blankets, scarves, etc that are heavier. Still do most of my baby knitting on straight needles or dpns.
I bought the bamboo circulars because they seem to have the longer needle parts than others that I had.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,092 Posts
dorfor said:
I used to be the same until arthritis messed with some of the joints in my hands and left shoulder. Circulars take the weight off your hands into your lap (or wherever you rest the bulk of what you're knitting). Has made a big difference and great for baby blankets, scarves, etc that are heavier. Still do most of my baby knitting on straight needles or dpns.
I bought the bamboo circulars because they seem to have the longer needle parts than others that I had.
I have a few bamboo circulars for ruffle skirts and cupcake hats and don't like the short needle parts so that's why I prefer straight needles... I guess we all use which ones we're more comfortable with.
I just finished a lady's vest that was all in one to the armholes so I had over 200 stitches so needed a circular one for that
Sorry to hear about your arthritis
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom