Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knit sweater coats for mini dachshunds of which I have 2.
With their short front legs patterns are hard to find to fit them. I knitted 11 for the CDR rescue group in Ontario.
I am looking for a fancier pattern for a coat, does anyone know how to do a fan + feather pattern but in a small repeat to use for a dog coat? I'm not a skilled knitter but I can do that pattern, but large as in an afghan.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Hi and welcome from Calgary, Alberta.
We have dog-sat dachshunds in the past.
Both played tennis ball soccer with their noses, and had to sleep under their blankets.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hi,
Welcome from Georgia! I have a minidachsund. I am thinking of knitting or crocheting a coat for him or Christmas.

·
Registered
20,964 Posts
Hi and welcome.
Leisure Arts has some patterns for pups sweaters.
Try ESTY they have a lot of pet stuff you can get ideas and sometimes the pattern. And try Ravelry.

Good Luck,
LInda

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
Hi welcome from Oregon.. I would like a good sweater pattern also... I just see some dogs where the sweater is twisted and sagging.. I want to make one that fits Kiwi real nice... Kiwi is a full size Dachshund and she's mixed.. we think Jack Russell but except for her legs being longer she looks all Dachshund.. we love her.. she was a rescue dog also.. she has stolen our hearts..

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hello I too am a Doxie lover,, they are about the sweetest little dog,, to me that is... I have had over the course of 30 ish years some with different temps and yet they are were very special to me,, love them all,

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
all total I have had eight Doxies. Yes they have different personalities. The male I have now thinks he is very REGAL...but loves to cuddle. His sister is an instigator ...and he falls for it every time. He loves to steal small pieces of firewood from the hearth. We have been very fortunate because all have lived to 17/18 years.

Shania said:
Hello I too am a Doxie lover,, they are about the sweetest little dog,, to me that is... I have had over the course of 30 ish years some with different temps and yet they are were very special to me,, love them all,

·
Registered
775 Posts
we have had 5. all Mini-doxies.. black,& tan, long haired red.part Doxie and poodle,, hair like poodle , built like poodle, but looked like his mom,, all lived to be about 13 or more yrs... my babies.. lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom