Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been learning about DAK. On an earlier thread someone stated that the new DAK (DAK 8) didn't print in 1/2 scale. This statement is in error. DAK 8 does print for the full scale knitleader as well as for 1/2 knit radar. I would also like to make known that there are also additional patterns you can get to use with DAK 8. There are over 80 complete shape files in sizes from 32 to 42. They can be customized. The patterns include jackets, pant and shorts, sweaters, skirts, vests, coats, halter tops, dresses, cardigans, capes and shawls, evening gowns, bathing suits, maternity outfits and more. There is even a bonus of 5 patterns for men. I got this for myself. If you want to check it out, go to Marcia Hauser's website: marciahauser.nu and look for her shapes 'n such.

Since I don't like to reinvent the wheel and don't mind modifying something to make it mine, this works for me. I wanted a pants pattern, and this was it.

I have been taking classes on the new DAK, I've used other software to help with knitting. I also have Cochenille, which I haven't use much yet.

Also I have to keep in mind that I like the interactive knitting on DAK which reminds me of my knitleader, but it talks to me instead.

·
Registered
10,208 Posts
I don't have DAK and I am not sure as to whether I would like it or not.
With having the 970 machine and using the garment creator in that, a PPD and floppy disc drive and a knitleader for other machines I am quite happy to carry on with these.
I have however inherited DAK cables...info books...and floppy discs that are in DAK format. I was considering selling these and wondered if anyone would be interested in them. To be honest I am not sure as to their worth but at the moment they are doing nothing but gathering dust.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Sue, do at least try your DAK before you sell it.

I am experimenting with a new stitch pattern for a shrug; the pattern is
*a column of knit stitches, a column of ladders, a column of cables, a column of ladders**
- repeated from * to ** across the row.

It's so easy to design patterns and shapes, I am sure you'll love it.

Best wishes
Val

Attachments

·
Registered
10,208 Posts
The thing is Val...I bought a job lot of things from an elderly guy who really didn't know anything about what his wife had. Some one that had viewed (what was up for sale) before me had the DAK set up disc. Because of this I now have to buy that in order to use all that I have and I don't know whether I really want to. I do have the set up info on a floppy but if this other person (who had the disc) has re-registered it then this I believe is of no use.
I must admit that I don't know much about DAK so I don't know what all these things are worth.

·
Registered
10,208 Posts
ValT said:
Hi Sue
If you ring Softbyte and explain the situation you will know where things stand and if you decide to sell it you will have a better idea of what you can ask for it.
Contact details for Softbyte http://www.softbyte.co.uk/contact.htm
In my experience they're nice people to deal with.

Best wishes
Val
Thanks Val...I had thought about doing this but wondered if I would be wasting my time.....and seeing that I wasn't that sure as if I would use it decided to pass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom