Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
With the severe drought and lawns are brown..there is still beauty to be found if one looks for it..This a.m. the sun was out and the pattern the sunlight made on the lawn had its own beauty...hence "Dappled Light"..I hope you enjoy the pics..

Attachments

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Morning is my favorite part of the day..the house wrens hide in that Rhododendrom bush that you see, and they greet me as I toss bread onto the lawn..the water in their bird bath is changed daily so not to encourage mosquitoes...I enjoy looking at the different birds that visit our yard..I love the quietness of the morning before the usual noises start up....

Discussion starter · #5 ·
susanjoy said:
Light shining through trees is always lovely. Hope you get some rain soon for your poor garden.
This year there isn't any garden as it has gotten to be to much for hubby and myself..so it's reverting back to nature...We do still have our Grape arbour to enjoy to sit under and watch the birds flitter about...The grapes will be ripe come the end of Sept. into Oct..Concord grapes which are so sweet, but seedy...

Concord grapes. That's a blast from my childhood when my mother and grandmother would buy a half or a quarter bushel and make grape jelly. The house smelled wonderful for days as the cooked, mashed grapes drained their juice through several layers of cheesecloth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom