Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
I made my 10 yr old daughter a pair of fingerless mittens, I now have several pairs to make for her classmates. They all wanted a pair and she took orders and wrote each one down,told everyone "my mom will make you a pair" :) guess I won't be making any christmas gifts this month lol!!!

That was so nice of your daughter. She must know how much you enjoy knitting.

I should do some for my nieces so they can text and show off there nail polish. LOL.

SEA

And just what did she tell the kids you would charge for this service? I only mention it because GD asked me to make fish hats for some of her friends for birthday gifts. I did but it was not a cheap undertaking with here choosing the colors, 4 for each hat..... I let her pay me in hugs, but may not be quite so generous on some bigger projects... Can you say iron... wash floors.... weed...

Dreamweaver said:
And just what did she tell the kids you would charge for this service? I only mention it because GD asked me to make fish hats for some of her friends for birthday gifts. I did but it was not a cheap undertaking with here choosing the colors, 4 for each hat..... I let her pay me in hugs, but may not be quite so generous on some bigger projects... Can you say iron... wash floors.... weed...
They don't know how to do those things anymore. I think Home Ec should be forced on them all boys and girls. At least they can then cook for themselves and sew on a button.

Dreamweaver..no, no, no...organize closets, clean out and organize under the bathroom vanity..you know those time consuming chores that we REALLY hate?

I'd tell my grand daughter to do my floors..but I just got one of those fancy steam mops..makes that job a joy..pick out the really annoying chores...clean the toothbrush holder, make that grout in the bathroom sparkle!

Discussion starter · #8 ·
I kew all of you would appreciate the story, of course I'm suppose to do it free of charge lol, but if I don't have the colors they want in my stash will have them bring me the one they want. I think that's fair. They are so cute and can make us insane at the same time at this age. gotta love em though

Discussion starter · #9 ·
I am sure that's exactly what she said one time she told afriend not to worry about messing up our car she said"my mom cleans it real good" of course I put a stop to the mess making. lol

Discussion starter · #11 ·
SEA said:
That was so nice of your daughter. She must know how much you enjoy knitting.

I should do some for my nieces so they can text and show off there nail polish. LOL.

SEA
they would probably love them you just cast on 40 and then knit knit knit about 41 rows stitch about 10 to close the top side for the thumb and then from the bottom side stitch until u have an opening for the thumb very quick.

If only I could find someone who will clean my house for a pair of fingerless mittens. I would even throw in a fish hat and possibly a cowl. As a matter of fact, I would even consider an afghan. Maybe I should see if my barter would work on Craigs list.... (Yeah, and get a bang on the head for my efforts. LOL)

Dreamweaver said:
Great idea. I have a few floors that need attention, I will give her a few dollars to contribute to buying yarn. ;-)

courier770 said:
Dreamweaver..no, no, no...organize closets, clean out and organize under the bathroom vanity..you know those time consuming chores that we REALLY hate?

I'd tell my grand daughter to do my floors..but I just got one of those fancy steam mops..makes that job a joy..pick out the really annoying chores...clean the toothbrush holder, make that grout in the bathroom sparkle!
How about washing the dog too. ;-)

I have so much to do at home I couldn't think where to begin, pull out weeds, wash the dog, clean the car inside and out, washup, put away, wash floors, vacuum carpets, change bed sheets, clean the pool. My that is only a little bit of what we women do

I remember making a loopy hat in black for my daughters dance class and dying white gloves black and then being asked to provide the whole class with said items, only one mother would not pay, the others were so pleased and I could not knit for months afterwards and black wool was a definite no-no there were 29 in the class!

jaysbfriend said:
I made my 10 yr old daughter a pair of fingerless mittens, I now have several pairs to make for her classmates. They all wanted a pair and she took orders and wrote each one down,told everyone "my mom will make you a pair" :) guess I won't be making any christmas gifts this month lol!!!
I have got a simular problem with Ugg Boots.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom