Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of Denise for Mother's Day because of all the excellent reviews. I've also been buying the interchangeab le metal needles but had a problem because most of them didn't come with a 16" cord and I'm knitting mostly charity hats and granddaughter hats. I finally found interhangeable needles that are 4" and16" cords from Handsome Fibers on ebay. An excellent place...good prices and free shipping.

Now since I'm new to knitting I keep buying needles....I have interchangeables, circulars, different size cords....I'm going crazy. I would be embarrassed to have anyone see my suppy of needles...much less how much yarn I have.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Join the club. Tools are a necessity of the art. It is not a one kind works for all sort of thing. You will find that what you use will change with what you are making. Enjoy, I love new tools and have no plans to stop adding to my collection.

·
Super Moderator
Name on Ravelry: JessicaJean, no hyphen, no space.
87,142 Posts
You mean it's only men who can have exactly the right tool for the job? I don't think so!! I may not be wealthy in dollars, but I am very wealthy in yarn-play tools! ;-)

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Needles and other tools are an addiction just like yarn and patterns. I collect because someday, there may not be any suppliers out there, (That is my nightmare and my excuse. Feel free to use it.) LOL

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
I too own a set of Denise needles along with assorted straight, circular and DPNs. Once, I was knitting and one of the Denise needles snapped and broke. I made contact with the company and for $1.00 for postage, they sent a replacement immediately. Very fine service. I've owned them for years and am completely happy.

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
To do good work, you need good tools. Just ask any man with a toolbox of tools he has used only once in his whole life!! :lol:

·
Registered
360 Posts
You can never have too many knitting supplies or yarn. I just got my first set of HiyaHiya needles from my LYS and LOVE them. I have Knitpicks Harmony circulars and LOVE them. Plus, they just keep coming out with more and more cool knitting stuff!

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Jessica-Jean said:
You mean it's only men who can have exactly the right tool for the job? I don't think so!! I may not be wealthy in dollars, but I am very wealthy in yarn-play tools! ;-)
Amen! And it was at my husbands insistence that I start buying quality tools. I am waiting on my 4th set of interchangeables as we speak! Chaio Goo Red Lace are finally making interchangeables and in small sock sizes.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I too am retired but I do have a really PART-TIME job....last week I worked 2.5 hours and it's fun and convenient for me! As for needles I LOVE my Knit Picks Harmonies Interchangeables. I just ordered and got the square Cubics from Webs. I do like knitting with them but there are some issues. There were 3 broken needles. I had to work on one of the larger needles with fine sandpaper as it had a "chunk" out of it. The storage bag they came in is awful...not big enough, difficult to open and close. I have read here that the same company in India makes needles for both companies but there is no comparison in the quality IMHO....jj

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is not such an unusual thought. We used to have several fiber mills in the USA and as I understand, we now have one left. Various needles are no longer manufactured. Several needles such as stole needles have become more difficult to find. Many items are no longer made because some companies are going out of business, there is not a big enough demand, material cost has become too high for manufacture and salability. I consider all the tools I have purchased to be an investment in the future, just in case. Lydia, wanahme

·
Registered
21,891 Posts
You need the right tools for your work. I don't think you are the only one who has lots and lots of needles and yarn in the house. I keep telling myself I don't need any more needles, but as far as yarn is concerned. Well that's another story. :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, it's kind of like you get obsessed! I do find that I have several projects going so having more than one size needle or cable comes in handy. I just ordered more yarn from KnitPicks. I also buy yarn from Joann's.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom