Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
Galaxycraft's comment is correct. 'Double knitting is a technique. Essentially you are knitting a tube on straight needle.
The technique goes like this. Cast on with both colors. Row1: k1with white, place both yarns to the front, p1 with blue, place both yarns to the back, k1 with white. you continue llike this, row 2 is exactly the same but the color facing you is always knit and the color not facing you is always purled. It get's trickier when you do a pattern because then you reverse the colors. And to do it perfectly you should be careful not to twist the yarns, but it doesn't make a lot of difference in the final outcome if you accicdently twist the yarns sometimes. Double knitting is a challenge, but it is fun to do. Recently found a startrek hotpad doubleknit pattern that I am trying for fun. (I am a trekkie from way back) And i have done a number of scarves in double knit.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom