Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey to all----I am looking for a leaflet that was put out I think by Red Heart yarn. It is for a purse/backpack sorta, it was single crochet (I think) and it was done in a crochet cotton-thread, south maid or maybe Knit-crosheen. The leaftlet was a "freebe" that I picked up at my local wal-mart in the yarn department. I think it is called a "camel" purse as it dose resemble a camel's hump. The leaflet problably dates back to the 90's. I had a copy and believe it or not---my dog ate it! :). I have already searched every link that I can find to no avail. If anyone has this leaflet I would so love a copy. I figured that with as many people on the forum as there is someone is bound to have a copy. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Barbara

· Registered
978 Posts
bag8457 said:
Hey to all----I am looking for a leaflet that was put out I think by Red Heart yarn. It is for a purse/backpack sorta, it was single crochet (I think) and it was done in a crochet cotton-thread, south maid or maybe Knit-crosheen. The leaftlet was a "freebe" that I picked up at my local wal-mart in the yarn department. I think it is called a "camel" purse as it dose resemble a camel's hump. The leaflet problably dates back to the 90's. I had a copy and believe it or not---my dog ate it! :). I have already searched every link that I can find to no avail. If anyone has this leaflet I would so love a copy. I figured that with as many people on the forum as there is someone is bound to have a copy. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Barbara
Hi Barbara

You should check this one out, it is at
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cchs-bag..html It is pattern #543 - It is a single should backpack done in chenille sensations yarn. I know this was a leaflet back when because I remember seeing it.

Hope this might help.

Linda (Sebastian-Fla)

· Registered
2,809 Posts
LCGIRL said:
bag8457 said:
Barbara
Hi Barbara

You should check this one out, it is at
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cchs-bag..html It is pattern #543 - It is a single should backpack done in chenille sensations yarn. I know this was a leaflet back when because I remember seeing it.

Hope this might help.

Linda (Sebastian-Fla)
like that 2 !!! :thumbup:

· Registered
984 Posts
Many years ago I made a sweater from a Red Heart pattern, then decided to make another a few years ago. I was fortunate to have a photo of the sweater and sent it to Red Heart and they sent the pattern.
If you don't have a photo, your descripton I am sure is good enough, that I would give it a try.
Good Luck.

· Registered
14,772 Posts
I found this website but you will need to purchase the pattern. Hopefully this helps. Judy

Mini Camel Crochet Pattern Digital PDF Miniature Amigurumi Camels by Peggytoes KeyChains BackPack Purse Clip-On Toy Doll Ornament 3 Sizes

· Registered
978 Posts
Barbara just go to lionbrand.com and in their search box put
single shoulder backpack and enter and it should bring you to some - the one I was talking about was done Lionbrand Sensations. It has a number but they don't go by numbers. but as you look through the ones that come up when you push enter somewhere in that description - which is on the left - it will say the number

Sorry it is so hard for you to get to this because I really believe it's what you are looking for.

Linda

· Registered
14,772 Posts
Shoulder Bag
Lion Brand® Chenille Sensations
GAUGE:

16 hdc and 12 rows = 4 inches [10 cm] BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
NOTES:

Work is done in continuous rnds with no joining.
To inc 1 sc: Work 2 sc in same st.
To dec 1 hdc: (Insert hook in next st, yo, draw yarn through st) twice, yo, draw yarn through 3 loops on hook.

PURSETTE: Ch 4, sl st to first ch to form ring.
Rnd 1: Work 6 sc in ring.
Rnd 2: Work 2 sc in each sc (12 sc).
Rnd 3: Sc in first sc, * 2 sc in next sc, 1 sc in next sc *, rep from * to * around, end 2 sc in last sc (18 sc).
Rnd 4: Sc in first 2 sc, * 2 sc in next sc, sc in each of next 2 sc *, rep from * to * around, end 2 sc in last sc (24 sc).
Rnds 5-11: Work in sc inc 6 sc evenly spaced on each rnd (66 sc on Rnd 11).
Rnd 12: Work 1 hdc in back loop of each sc around.
Rnds 13-32: Hdc in each hdc around. Leave work on hold.

FLAP: Place a marker on 11th st from end of rnd, cont counting 23 more sts from marker and place a second marker. Return to work. Ch2, turn.
Row 1: : Work in hdc over next 21 sts, Ch2 turn.
Rows 2, 4 & 6: Work in hdc over 21 sts inserting hook under all loops of each hdc. Ch 2, turn.
Rows 3 & 5 : Hdc in each of the 21 hdc. Ch 2, turn.
Rows 7, 9 & 11: Dec 1 hdc, hdc in each st to last 2 hdc, dec 1 hdc. Ch 2, turn.
Rows 8, 10 & 12: Dec 1 hdc, hdc in each st to last 2 hdc inserting hook under all loops of each hdc, dec 1 hdc (9 sts rem). Fasten off.

FRONT PLEAT: Count 4 sts each side of each marker. Fold under in a neat pleat at each marker and secure pleat with a few pins. Join yarn at beg of flap and sc along edge, working through all 3 thicknesses to hold pleat in place (8 sts), cont in sc around side edge of flap ending at the 9 sts at top edge; working along top edge sc in next 3 sts, ch 3, skip 3 sts (buttonhole), sc in next 3 sts; then sc along other side edge of flap to beg of rnd, join with 1 sl st, ch 1. Do not turn. Work 1 row reverse sc, working from left to right, around entire edge, join with sl st. Fasten off.

STRAP: Ch 151.
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each rem ch. Fasten off. Attach strap at each side of flap. Sew on button on 7th row from top edge at center of pleat.

Here is the one I found. Hope it helps. Judy

· Registered
3,434 Posts
I know this is not going to help now, but maybe it will help in the future. When I get a flyer or have patterns that I definitely want to keep I scan them and save to my computer. They can also be saved on a disk. That way the dog can't chew them up, or if he does chew up my copy, I just print a new pattern. This has worked very well for me because I'm always losing things.

· Registered
75 Posts
I am also looking for a pattern That I was sure I had copied from a site and can't find. It is a child's coat pattern. I believe that the yoke is knit bottom to to top but the skirt is side to side. It is in toddler sizes and knit with a varigated yarn that looks like finians rainbow Comfort yarn by berroco. I have wasted 2 days looking for the copy and on the net looking for it. I would be very grateful if someone else has seen it and could pass it on. I know it was a free pattern. thank-you very much for helping.
Booklady38

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom