Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Deborah Norville book with a lace scarf & shawl pattern designed by Kay Meadors. I cannot get row 2 to come out to 29 stitches, however I try. I can only come out with 28. The instructions read: "Instructions are written for scarf with numbers for shawl in braces {}. Circle all the numbers pertaining to the one you are making." I'm using sock yarn and size 8 needles. Here's the pattern. Can anyone figure this out?
EYELET EDGE
Cast on 33 {93} loosely
Row 1: Knit
Row 2: (right side): Slip 1 as if to knit, K1, K2 tog, YO, K1* YO, [slip 1 as if to knit, K2 tog, PSSO], K2tog, YO, K1; repeat from * across to last 4 sts. YO, SSK, K2: 29 {79}sts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Patty H, I knit these 2 rows and got 29 sts.--
When you get to the last 4 sts yo,ssk,k2 are you by any chance letting the yo slide off the needle as you do the ssk--it [yo] does look out of place and awkward--it's the only thing I could see that might cause problems. lol
Nancy

·
Registered
648 Posts
r 2 i think is
slip1,k1,k2tog,yo(makes a st)k1*sl1,k2tog,psso,k2tog,yo,k1*
first set of sts are 5,set in side asterisc is 5 x 4= 20,plus last 4sts that is 29sts.u only pass slip st. over in the instructions inside the asterisc.at the start and end of the fow the sts are slipped not passed over.jane

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for answering so promptly. I finally realized after seeing that you got 29 that I was totally mis-reading the last K2 as K2tog. Don't ask me why I thought that "tog" was in there. It is so nice to be on a forum where people really care about your problems.
God Bless You!
Pat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom