Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm hoping one of our Aussie KP'ers can help me. I have nearly finished knitting a baby jacket and I will not have enough yarn to finish the picot edges on the fronts of the jacket. I need just a small amount of Lincraft 4ply Baby Grand in the pale baby pink, blue and yellow colourway. I have checked the Lincraft website and there is no Baby Grand there at all. I am stuck at home recuperating after a hip replacement so cannot get to a store (but suspect most of the yarn is in storage anyway) If anyone has a few metres to spare or even a complete 100g ball, I would be happy to buy it and pay the postage. Please PM me if you can help. TIA

·
Registered
537 Posts
nicho said:
Hi! I'm hoping one of our Aussie KP'ers can help me. I have nearly finished knitting a baby jacket and I will not have enough yarn to finish the picot edges on the fronts of the jacket. I need just a small amount of Lincraft 4ply Baby Grand in the pale baby pink, blue and yellow colourway. I have checked the Lincraft website and there is no Baby Grand there at all. I am stuck at home recuperating after a hip replacement so cannot get to a store (but suspect most of the yarn is in storage anyway) If anyone has a few metres to spare or even a complete 100g ball, I would be happy to buy it and pay the postage. Please PM me if you can help. TIA
Oh no!!!!!! It's a shame you didn't post this last week. I have just finished making a little cap using this same wool just to use up the leftovers from a little cardi I made for a friends granddaughter. I'm so sorry as I would of gladly sent it to you. Good luck.

·
Registered
9,634 Posts
Often, yarn requests are made in the classified section, so you might also post your request there.
I'm sure you must have an Australian eBay. I buy a lot of single skeins of yarn there. It's a great place to look, and many sales are sales, not auctions.
Try Ravelry. It has a lot of international members, and someone might have some stashed tat they are willing to part with.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh no!!!!!! It's a shame you didn't post this last week. I have just finished making a little cap using this same wool just to use up the leftovers from a little cardi I made for a friends granddaughter. I'm so sorry as I would of gladly sent it to you. Good luck.[/quote]

What bad timing! But I didn't know I was going to run out last week...never mind.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MaryE-B said:
Often, yarn requests are made in the classified section, so you might also post your request there.
I'm sure you must have an Australian eBay. I buy a lot of single skeins of yarn there. It's a great place to look, and many sales are sales, not auctions.
Try Ravelry. It has a lot of international members, and someone might have some stashed tat they are willing to part with.
Good luck!
Thanks for these ideas. I've had a look at ebay and ravelry but no luck there. I'll try a request in the classifieds here, but I think I am running out of options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom