Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is another hat from:http://club.osinka.ru/topic-72491?&start=435. It has the instructions, again in Russian. I have been wanting to make an "ice cream cone hat" but couldn't find any info that came close to this. Any one out there that knows?
From I get you need to increase on one side while decreasing on the other to get the spiral. So knit 4 rows, purl 4 rows then increase (?many) at the start and then decrease the same at the end. There must be some math equation in here in that you do the increases and dec on such and such a row, right?

Attachments

·
Registered
20,964 Posts
That is cute. Hope you figure out the pattern
Linda

·
Registered
88 Posts
josheli, I just wanted to thank you for posting the link to the Russian website. I formerly worked as a Russian linguist and now I am out of practice. That site is very good " therapy" for my rusty skills. Thank you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
hi Tammy, if you use Google chrome it will translate everything to English. As soon as you open the web page in Google chrome it will ask you for English translation. hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just finished a hat similar to this. It did not require the increase/ decrease. it was knit flat and the finishing made it look like this. I will take a picture and send. I got the pattern from a local knit shop after I bought the yarn, and it is so simple to knit, I will send picture shortly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here is my hat. It does not have brim that your pattern does and because like I said this is knit flat ( it is a rectangle when finished). You do a three needle bind off picking up cast on row to create spiral. I think I could add fold over brim by picking up stitches, on the bottom edge, and knitting in the round.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Sandraro, would you please share that spiral hat pattern if possible? I belong to a group who is currently knitting for a charity that gives hats/scarves/mittens to poverty-level children on the Great Plains to get them thrut he harsh winters, & this design certainly would make a few people happy.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom