Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried it out on a sample, hope this works.

Today is both a special day for me , and also a sad day, so this means a lot.

Today my Mom would have been 103!!!!!!!!!!!! but sadly my darling Sister also passed away on the same day a few years later . Mixed emotions, when my Daddy passed away ,when I was nearly 4 , I got really close to my big Sister. I miss them both..... every...............single .........day .

Wouldn't it be wonderful if my Mom's pattern repeat was carried forward. I hope this will be okay, I am not that cute on the computer!!

If you don't want to open the PDF I understand, here is the 'Office' Version.............sounds like I know what I am doing but I am sure there are many on here who would disagree!!!

Diamond and Lace Pattern repeat.

Worked over 12 ROWS , multiples of 8 stitches PLUS 3.

Row 1: K2, *K3, yfwd, S1, K1, PSSO, K3* repeat to last stitch K1.

Row 2 and all even rows: K1, Pearl to last stitch, K1.

Row 3: K2, *K1, K2tog, yfwd, K1, yfwd, S1, K1, PSSO, K2* repeat to last stitch K1.

Row 5: K2, *K2tog, yfwd, K1, (yfd, S1, K1, PSSO) twice, K1 * repeat to last stitch K1.

Row 7: K1, K2tog, * yfwd, K1, (yfwd, S1, K1, PSSO) twice, yfd, S1, K2tog, PSSO* to last 8 stitches,
yfwd, K1, (yfwd, s1, K1, PSSO) 3 times , K1.

Row 9 : K2, *K1, (yfwd, S1, K1, PSSO) 3 times, K1*, repeat to last stitch K1.

Row 11: K2, * K2, (yfwd, S1, K1, PSSO) twice, K2* repeat to last stitch K1.

Happy knitting Sue X

Forgot to say on my previous post the 'new' baby Emily has the same name as my Mom :eek:)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am so sorry, I should also say a big thank you to RosD , who inspired me and many others with all her fantastic posts. This post is down to her and her lovely work. Sue x

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Crochetnknit said:
Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to figure out a baby blanket using the stitch.
Well I have made one, just decided on the yarn. (UK DK, is that your light worsted?) did a garter stitch border at the bottom, I like an odd number of rows, kept 8 stitches each side for the borders and just knitted till I was happy with the length. Then repeated the garter stitch border. Remember the pattern is in addition to your garter edges though :eek:)

Happy knitting ;O)

·
Registered
31,973 Posts
lexiemae said:
I am so sorry, I should also say a big thank you to RosD , who inspired me and many others with all her fantastic posts. This post is down to her and her lovely work. Sue x
Thank you so much Sue and thanks for sharing your Mum's beautiful pattern, I will be knitting some things with this for sure!!! I'm so sorry for your losses. I don't think it gets easier with time, I just think you somehow learn to live without them, but they remain in our hearts forever. Memories don't fade, we just treasure them more each day. ???????????? Ros x

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Thank you for sharing your pattern. I am sorry for your loses. I have finally been able to think of my parents with joy instead of sorrow...Dad passed in '07 and Mom in '09.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom