Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
12,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My yarn stash was getting out of hand (now who can possibly relate to THAT?). I have bins full of yarn in the storeroom, but this "mess" is what I keep in the living room for quick access to WIPs. I found this storage unit at Costco and it pretty much held everything I had piled up, except for patterns. Going through those right now. I'm going to separate them and put them in sheet protectors, then in binders and label them "Gypsycream", "Alan Dart", etc. now to see how long this will last.... :sm06:

Attachments

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
Just don't have those "drawers" exposed to sunlight - even indirect sunlight - the fabric perishes, I have just discovered to my cost! Only took about a year in a bright room, with no actual direct sun hitting them.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
INSIDE stash? Do you mean you have an outside stash as well? Apart from they space it takes, I can't see anything wrong with having a stash - it means you can pull out something, whenever you want, for anything you need (except the vest I need to knit for next Winter...) I have to admit that mine does look a bit messy :sm12:

·
Registered
12,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I understand what you're saying. I wish I had a cooler, more light-defused place to keep it, but I don't. Luckily, what I knit is just for fun stuff anyway. No clothing items.
Hilary4 said:
Just don't have those "drawers" exposed to sunlight - even indirect sunlight - the fabric perishes, I have just discovered to my cost! Only took about a year in a bright room, with no actual direct sun hitting them.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom