Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm working on the following pattern for my daughter's soon-to be-born baby. The gender will be a surprise to all:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/snug-9

I'm doing okay except I've finished the left sleeve inset and the instructions say "Turn work and continue in garter stitch for 25 cm (10").
Do they mean 10" from the beginning of the body or 10" from the contrasting thread used to create the left sleeve inset? Has anyone made this pattern yet? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Betsy

·
Registered
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dear friend from Australia, Beverley, told me the same thing. If anyone has worked on this sweater, please let me know if the gauge is correct since mine is way off from what they said. My 14 stitches measure about 4", but my rows are much much less than 30. I don't know how that could be.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Betsy, Don't worry about the Gauge I think there is a mistake with that, I have knitted exactly what they say in the pattern, and it is turning out OK, it is very difficult to imagine how it all goes together, but the more you knit the more you understand how it goes together . I am doing the first sleeve now, BUT had a lot of trouble trying to do it on the double ended needles. So I pulled it out and undid the shoulder seam , which is the fold over bit,where you take out the colored yarn and pick up the stitches for the sleeve ,and now I am knitting the sleeve straight across and will sew the shoulder seam right through to the end of the sleeve.Then when the sleeves are finished you pick up all around the jacket to make the front and hood.
Betsy just eat some desserts you will feel better.
For our KP pals say desserts backwards and you will have a laugh.

·
Registered
20,225 Posts
The yarn in the pattern is Bulky. One thing to consider is that most gauges in the swatch are done in stockinette. Since you are knitting in garter stitch, it would be less, but stretchy. As Beverley said, don't worry about it. Just go by the measurements (the 10", etc.) and it should come out fine. Post a picture when you finish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom