Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHen I posted on here about the dropped stitch and showed the picture I forgot to mention that I cannot put the dropped stitches on the needle as every thing has been bound off . So, even if I can repair the problem how do I add them to the bound off ones that are supposed to be bound off.
I will put the picture back up here.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
It is possible to undo the bind-off and tink back to the dropped stitches, then complete the binding off. Check youtube if it is easier for you to understand.

·
Registered
429 Posts
jayniet said:
It is possible to undo the bind-off and tink back to the dropped stitches, then complete the binding off. Check youtube if it is easier for you to understand.
I agree, looks like that may be the answer. Just take your time and try not to stress out when you are doing it. Let us know how you get on with it. Good luck.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try and remember to send picture again if I can figure it out.I know it is probably easy to fix. I rarely have problems when i knit but when I do, yes, I get a bit MAD at myself. This one I have no idea how it happened as when I was originally done everything looked fine,no dropped stitches, nothing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So the dropped stitch will eventually be sewn into a seam? I would stitch it carefully into place, rather than undoing and redoing, but thats just me :D

Good luck with it, I am sure it will be fine whatever you choose...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
People are telling me ifferent things and I am so confused How would stitch them in place? I just had someone as me"Have you ever heard of Safety Pin's?" Now that was down right Rude

·
Registered
13,786 Posts
Using the same color yarn you bring a loop through the dropped loop and carefully fix it to the finished edge.

If it was me who suggested the safety pin...I didn't have a photo of WHERE you were in the project. Since you are so close to finishing...the safety pin is still valid - if you don't want the work to undo more as you carefully undo the bind-off to right above the skipped section. Use a crochet hook to work the knit back up to that row that you need to bind off and then finish binding off.

I work better with photos better than word-pictures...and my knitting skills have improved since I may have been a bit short with you on your first posting. I do apologize if I was the guilty party.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for explaining that kaixixang, and sorry Barb, funny how when you write something that makes sense in your head - you assume it makes sense on paper too!

Guess I am dense, wha does he above statementmean?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
For your own peace of mind, please just tink back to where the problem started and pick up and redo from there. Then when the garment is complete you will be feeling confident that it is done properly and not always wondering if you should have done it that way.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What is tink? I gt the stitces back and the two in question were right next to te ones I have on holde fo the neck o put them there and it looks lie that is whee they should be. I will know more when I go to do to edging on the front sides and neck

All thes nw terms drive me nuts as back in my day the patterns wee simple no chats in books to follow fordirectons,for which I definately do not understand and all the terms now. Why can't designers just leave things like they sed to be.

I never had issue back in the 50's 60's and 80's All I did in 90's was five double and queen size chrochet afgans

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sorry, Barb. I used the term 'tink' and didn't explain it. 'Tink' is 'knit' spelt backwards, as you are in effect undoing your knitting. Formerly we would have said 'unpick'.

·
Registered
13,786 Posts
I can PM you with a few tatting patterns...I have quite a few Workbasket.

·
Registered
13,786 Posts
I will collect the booklets and provide the list before I send any of it.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom